Requirements for the Minor
KU Edwards Campus
Public Administration Minor Core Courses
Minors must complete a course in each of the following areas:
- Introduction to Public Administration. Satisfied by: PUAD 330 or PUAD 331.
- Hard Choices in Public Administration. Satisfied by PUAD 333.
Public Administration Required Electives
Minors must complete 4 courses (12 hours) from the following:
- PUAD 431 Bureaucracy, Public Administration, and the Private Sector (3)
- PUAD 432 Conducting the People’s Business Ethically (3)
- PUAD 433 Metropolitics and Macroproblems: The American City in Local and Global Context (3)
- PUAD 435 Generating, Allocating, and Managing Public Resources (3)
- PUAD 436 Managing People in Public Organizations (3)
- PUAD 601 Crime and Punishment (3)
- PUAD 602 Diversity in Public Administration (3)
- PUAD 603 Foundations of the Nonprofit Sector (3)
- PUAD 604 Resource Development and Management in Nonprofit Organizations (3)
- PUAD 605 Managing Nonprofit Relationships (3)
- PUAD 606 Nonprofit Accountability: Public Needs and Public Values (3)
- PUAD 639 Concepts of Civil Society (3)
- PUAD 691 Internship in Public Service (1-6)
- PUAD 692 Research Experience Public Administration (1-6)
- PUAD 693 Directed Readings (1-3)
- PUAD 694 Topics in Public Administration: _____
Minor Hours & Minor GPA
While completing all required courses, minors must also meet each of the following hour and GPA minimum standards:
Satisfied by 18 hours of minor courses.
Minor Hours in Residence
Satisfied by a minimum of 9 hours of KU resident credit in the minor.
Minor Junior/Senior Hours
Satisfied by a minimum of 18 hours from junior/senior courses (300+) in the minor.
Minor Junior/Senior Graduation GPA
Satisfied by a minimum of a 2.0 KU GPA in all departmental courses (300+) in the minor. GPA calculations include all junior/senior courses in the field of study including F’s and repeated courses. See the Semester/Cumulative GPA Calculator.