Requirements for the B.A. or B.G.S. Major in Developmental Psychology
B.A. or B.G.S. Major in Developmental Psychology, KU Edwards Campus
Developmental Psychology Prerequisite or Co-Requisite Knowledge. Majors must complete courses as specified in the following area. These hours do not contribute to the minimum number of hours required for the major.
• College Algebra or Pre-Calculus. Satisfied by MATH 101 or 104.
Developmental Psychology Core Knowledge and Skills. Majors must complete a course in each of the following 7 areas:
- Orientation Seminar in Psychology. Satisfied by PSYC 102.
- General Psychology. Satisfied by PSYC 104 or PSYC 105.
- Research Methods in Psychology. Satisfied by PSYC 200 or PSYC 201.
- Statistics in Psychological Research. Satisfied by PSYC 210 or PSYC 211.
- Child Development. Satisfied by PSYC 333 or PSYC 334.
- Cognitive Development. Satisfied by PSYC 430.
- Social and Personality Development. Satisfied by PSYC 435.
Psychology Required Electives. Majors must complete 2 courses (6 hours) at the junior/senior level (300+).
No more than 3 credit hours of PSYC 480 Independent Study, PSYC 481 Research Practicum, or PSYC 483 Undergraduate Internship in Psychology may be counted toward the 34-hour major requirement. (No more than a 6-hour combination of these courses may be counted toward the major.)
Developmental Psychology Major Hours & Major GPA
While completing all required courses, majors must also meet each of the following hour and grade-point average minimum standards:
Satisfied by 34 hours of major courses. Note: No more than 3 hours of PSYC 480, 481, or 483 may count toward the minimum hours required for the major. (No more than a 6-hour combination of these courses may be counted toward the major.)
Major Hours in Residence
Satisfied by a minimum of 15 hours of KU resident credit in the major.
Major Junior/Senior (300+) Hours
Satisfied by a minimum of 18 hours from junior/senior courses (300+) in the major.
Major Junior/Senior (300+) Graduation GPA
Satisfied by a minimum of a 2.0 KU GPA in junior/senior courses (300+) in the major. GPA calculations include all junior/senior courses in the field of study including F’s and repeated courses. See the Semester/Cumulative GPA Calculator.