Requirements for the Minor in Physics
Physics Minor Course Requirements
Student selecting this minor must complete courses as specified in each of the following areas:
- General Physics I. Satisfied by PHSX 211 and PHSX 216 (or PHSX 213).
- General Physics II. Satisfied by PHSX 212 and PHSX 236 (or PHSX 214).
- General Physics III and Intermediate Physics Laboratory. Satisfied by PHSX 313 and PHSX 316.
- Mechanics I. Satisfied by PHSX 521.
- Electricity and Magnetism. Satisfied by PHSX 531.
- Physics Required Elective. Satisfied by any 3 credit hour PHSX course numbered 500 or above.
Minor Hours & Minor GPA
While completing all required courses (above), minors must also meet each of the following hour and grade-point average minimum standards:
Satisfied by 21 hours of major courses.
Minor Hours in Residence
Satisfied by a minimum of 9 junior/senior (300+) hours of KU resident credit in the major.
Minor Junior/Senior (300+) Hours
Satisfied by a minimum of 13 hours from junior/senior courses (300+) in the minor.
Minor Graduation GPA
Satisfied by a minimum of a 2.0 KU GPA in the minor. GPA calculations include all courses in the field of study including F’s and repeated courses. See the Semester/Cumulative GPA Calculator.