The department adheres to minimum admission requirements. The number of new students accepted each year depends largely on availability of laboratory space, financial resources, grants, and the number of students leaving the program. The department maintains a full enrollment.
The department's website has information about application procedures and a link for applying directly online. A completed application file must include
- An application form and fee;
- 1 copy of all academic transcripts (international students must provide 1 copy in English and 1 in the native language);
- A résumé (1 to 2 pages);
- General Graduate Record Examination scores (GRE must have been taken within 2 years of the initial semester);
- Internet-Based Test of English as a Foreign Language (iBT) or IELTS scores for international students;
- 3 recommendation letters; and
- A statement of aims (1 to 2 pages)describing the applicant’s interests and professional goals.
All files must be complete and received in the department by December 15 each year. First consideration is given to those who meet this deadline. Applicants are informed of decisions in early March.
All supporting documentation should be uploaded online when you apply. If this is not possible, please send documentation to:
The University of Kansas
Department of Molecular Biosciences
1200 Sunnyside Ave., Room 2034
Lawrence, KS 66045-7566