Requirements for the Minor in French
The department offers minors in both French and Italian. Consult an advisor in the appropriate language.
Minor in French
French Minor Course Requirements
- Intensive Review of French Grammar. Satisfied by: FREN 300
- Introduction to French Literature. Satisfied by: FREN 326
- French Minor Required Electives. 4 elective courses chosen from among the courses already approved for the major in French. At least 2 of the 4 electives must be at the 400 level.
Minor in Italian
Italian Minor Course Requirements
- Composition and Conversation (3). Satisfied by ITAL 300.
- Advanced Composition and Conversation (3). Satisfied by ITAL 315.
- Introduction to Italian Literature I (3). Satisfied by ITAL 301.
- Introduction to Italian Literature II (3). Satisfied by ITAL 302.
- Italy and the Italians I (3). Satisfied by *ITAL 335.
- Italy and the Italians II (3). Satisfied by *ITAL 336.
Minor Hours & Minor GPA
While completing all required courses, minors must also meet each of the following hour and GPA minimum standards:
Satisfied by 18 hours of minor courses.
Minor Hours in Residence
Satisfied by a minimum of 9 hours of junior/senior (300+) KU resident credit in the minor.
Minor Junior/Senior Hours
Satisfied by a minimum of 18 hours from junior/senior courses (300+) in the minor.
Minor Graduation GPA
Satisfied by a minimum of a 2.0 KU GPA in all departmental courses in the minor. GPA calculations include all junior/senior courses in the field of study including F’s and repeated courses. See the Semester/Cumulative GPA Calculator.