Requirements for the Minor
Environmental Studies Minor Core
Principals of Environmental Studies. Satisfied by 1 of the following options:
- Global Environment I. Satisfied by EVRN 140 (EVRN 144) Global Environmental I: The Discovery of Environmental Change (5)
- Scientific Principles of Environmental Studies. Satisfied by EVRN148/GEOG 148 (3) or EVRN 149/GEOG 149, Honors (3).
Environmental History and Culture. Satisfied by 1 of the following options:
- Global Environment II. Satisfied by EVRN 142 (EVRN 145) Global Environmental II: The Ecology of Human Civilization (5)
- Environment and History. Satisfied by EVRN 103/HIST 103 (3).
- Environment, Culture, and Society. Satisfied by EVRN 150/GEOG 150 (3).
- Environmental History of North America. Satisfied by EVRN 347/HIST 347 (3).
Environmental Policy Analysis. Satisfied by EVRN 320 (3).
Environmental Law. Satisfied by EVRN 332 (3).
Research Methods. Satisfied by 1 of the following options:
- Geospatial Analysis. Satisfied by EVRN 410 (3).
- Field Ecology. Satisfied by EVRN 460 (3).
- Environmental Economics. Satisfied by ECON 550/EVRN 550 (3).
- Principles of Geographic Information Systems. Satisfied by GEOG 358 (4).
- Biogeography Field and Laboratory Techniques. Satisfied by EVRN 433/GEOG 433 (3).
- Environmental Planning Techniques. Satisfied by UBPL 538 (3).
- Environmental Geology. Satisfied by GEOL 351 (3).
Environmental Studies elective at the Junior/Senior Level. Satisfied by 1 additional EVRN course at the Junior/Senior Level (300+).
Minor Hours & Minor GPA
While completing all required courses, minors must also meet each of the following hour and grade-point average minimum standards:
Satisfied by 18 hours of major courses.
Minor Hours in Residence
Satisfied by a minimum of 9 junior/senior (300+) hours of KU resident credit in the major.
Minor Junior/Senior Hours
Satisfied by a minimum of 12 hours from junior/senior courses (300+) in the minor.
Minor Graduation GPA
Satisfied by a minimum of a 2.0 KU GPA in junior/senior courses (300+) in the minor. GPA calculations include all junior/senior courses in the field of study including F’s and repeated courses. See the Semester/Cumulative GPA Calculator.