Graduate Admission - M.A. Visual Art Education
Admission requirements for regular status:
- Entrance into the M.A. degree program requires a bachelor's degree, from an accredited institution, which encompasses a minimum of 40 semester hours in fine arts studio (courses in drawing, painting, sculpture, design, printmaking, ceramics, metalsmithing/jewelry, weaving, lettering, commercial art, graphic design, constructive design, etc.), 9 hours in history of art, and 8 hours in visual art education. Applicants must have an overall undergraduate grade-point average of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale.
- 1 official transcript.
- A minimum of 3 letters of recommendation from former or current instructors and/or those able to recommend the applicant on the basis of professional experience (e.g., principals, supervisors, or former employers). The letters of recommendation must address the applicant’s potential to take initiative as a graduate student and ability to be a self-starter.
- Completion of the Graduate Student Information Questionnaire, available in the Visual Art Education M.A. handbook, is required.
Submit your graduate application and fee online, print it, and send it along with
- 1 official transcript of all college and university coursework,
- Graduate Student Information Questionnaire,
- 3 letters of recommendation,
- statement of financial resources (international students) and
- proof of proficiency in English (international students)
in one envelope to the department:
The University of Kansas
Visual Art Education
Director of Graduate Studies
Art and Design Bldg.
1467 Jayhawk Blvd., Room 300
Lawrence, KS 66045-7531