Requirements for the Minor
A minimum of 18 hours is required for the minor; 12 hours must be numbered 300 and above.
Theatre Minor Course Requirements
Minors must complete each of the following:
Theatre Core Knowledge and Skills. Minors must complete courses in each of the following core areas:
- Theatre Practicum I. Satisfied by THR 101.
- Acting I. Satisfied by THR 106.
- Theatre Production. Satisfied by completion of one of the courses: THR 216, THR 220, and THR 224.
- History of Theatre I. Satisfied by THR 525
- History of Theatre II. Satisfied by THR 526
- History of U.S. Theatre and Drama. Satisfied by THR 528
Choose two of the following three courses (6 hours)
Theatre Required Electives. Satisfied by 2 courses (6 hours) from the following:
- THR 302 Undergraduate Seminar in: _____
- THR 326 African Theatre and Drama
- THR 327 African-American Theatre and Drama
- THR 404 Children and Drama
- THR 405 Children and Media
- THR 527 Asian Theatre and Performance
- THR 528 History of U.S. Theatre and Drama
- THR 529 Race and the American Theatre
- THR 603 Theatre for Young Audiences
- THR 626 Myth and the Dramatist
- THR 725 Russian Theatre and Drama from Stanislavski and Chekhov to the Present
Satisfied by 18 hours of minor courses.
Minor Hours in Residence
Satisfied by a minimum of 9 hours of KU resident credit in the minor.
Minor Junior/Senior (300+) Hours
Satisfied by a minimum of 12 hours from junior/senior courses (300+) in the minor.
Minor Junior/Senior Graduation GPA
Satisfied by a minimum of a 2.0 KU GPA in all departmental courses (300+) in the minor. GPA calculations include all departmental courses in the field of study including F’s and repeated courses. See the Semester/Cumulative GPA Calculator.