M.A. Interaction Design Admission
By permission of the Kansas Board of Regents, application for admission to graduate programs in the Department of Design may be refused if available instructional space does not allow addition of more students. The quota of new students who can be accepted into these programs is sometimes filled by February 1.
A departmental graduate faculty committee reviews transcripts and evaluates applications to determine admission qualifications. Applicants to the M.A. programs must have undergraduate and/or professional backgrounds judged by the Graduate Faculty to be appropriate preparation for the specialization selected.
A complete application for admission consists of the following materials:
- Graduate application and application fee (See Admission in the Graduate Studies section of the online catalog for further information);
- 1 official transcript from all colleges or universities attended, showing receipt of a bachelor’s degree, and 1 copy of the transcript showing any graduate degree or credit earned;
- 3 letters of recommendation;
- Statement of design philosophy;
- A portfolio of your design work. Portfolio should represent the scope of your experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities. Include documentation of each project: the challenge it was intended to address, the process involved, your role, and the role of others in its execution. We prefer receiving the portfolio digitally (upload under "other documents" during the online application process.) The portfolio is limited to 10 megabytes (not zipped) in PDF format;
- For international students, a financial statement showing minimum financial support for the first year of study (see the Admissions page on the school’s website).
- Evidence of language proficiency if the native tongue is not English.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test results.
Submit your graduate application and application materials online. Please contact the Admissions Coordinator if you have any questions:
The University of KansasDepartment of DesignAdmissions Coordinator1465 Jayhawk Blvd., Room 205Lawrence, KS firstname.lastname@example.org